Thursday, August 29, 2013

Citified


Citified ... that's what me & AD were this morning ... Citified.  Got brave and headed in to the city with Philoberto.  I really needed to provision as the cupboards were bare and the fridge was mostly empty.  This is a lovely campground and they do have a small store but they've stopped supplying it for the season so pickings have been slim!

Anyways (I hate when people say that so I'm not sure why I just did) ... we traveled to the city this morning; dropped Philoberto off at the office @9:00AM  and had 1.5 hours to provision before we had to pick him up again for a settlement meeting.  I had 5 stores to stop at and 3 of those did not open until 10:00AM, bummer!  Picked up a few things at the pet store then discovered a NEW COOL STORE!

I don't think I've told you about the original COOL STORE.  They are uuber cool grocery stores; they are huge, and they have very unusual produce, never-before-heard-of meats, and just about everything (except the American item that I may be searching for that day).  The produce section is about 1/2 the size of our entire neighborhood King Soopers.  Same with the meat counter ... it's CRAZY HUGE!  They also charge 5 cents per plastic bag for your groceries; and you need a quarter to release the shopping cart (like at the airport) and you get the quarter back if you return the cart.  Sometimes they have Chee Chas (my latest obsession which is gluten free, cholesterol free, dairy free, and trans fat free).  Trust me, they are great ... I'll try to stock up and smuggle them across the boarder.

Soooooo ... the new COOL STORE was very similar to the original COOL STORE; not quite as large but it had additional things inside, like a Dry Cleaners, bank, and I can't remember what else.  I was stressed about time (my boss is a task-master) so I did my business and moved over to Costco when they opened at 10:00AM.


Cool tree, eh?


Then we hit the road for Philoberto's settlement meeting with the good ER Doctor.  AD and I waited outside and I noticed this really cool tree beside the truck.  Loved the trunk and it provided much great shade!


If you can see this fruit and you know what it is, please tell me!


This 5th wheel moved in next to us a couple of days ago.  From what I can tell, a family of four is living here.  It's better than being homeless I guess.

Smallest 5th Wheel EVER!

Trent left us smoking chips ... he's a good dude!
This afternoon we looked into renting a small car so Philoberto could drive that and I would have wheels during the week.  Man O Man the prices are crazy expensive so guess that's not gonna happen.

The Canadians are also celebrating Labour Day (many things Canadian are spelled with an additional "u") this weekend so I expect the campground to fill up tomorrow morning.  Her highness wants to go outside so I'll catch ya on the flip side.

Peace & Love & Pray for Storms!

No comments:

Post a Comment