Sunday, August 18, 2013

Wonderful Weekend!

Bizarre!  Trying to figure out where to start.  We took Saturday off to travel to Buffalo, NY for lunch.  Thought it was high time that we landed in NY for the first time and it was memorable for sure!

Mission Accomplished:  The place where buffalo wings were invented!

Philberto in front of the Anchor Bar; birthplace of Buffalo Wings!
Unfortunately, traffic getting there was ridiculous ... 3.5 hours to go what should have been 1.5 hours.  Not a good start, but we easily made it into the USA and felt good about that.  Happened upon a 4PM Mass at St. Louis Church (184 years old) so we checked that out.  It was beautiful and HUGE; I only took a picture of the pipe organ.  The church looked more like it was once a Cathedral but I can't find anything indicating that it was.


As usual, we had drama trying to get back in to Canada.  No weapons involved this time, just alcohol.  After over one hour, we left paying duty & taxes because they decided that we are residents of Canada (since we're here on a work visa) and they slapped us with $52.00 upcharge/taxes.  This place is BIZARRE!  We're ready to head South in order to stop the madness but we haven't been issued our walking papers yet.


This is a view from our back yard.  AD and I hung out there today whilst Philoberto batted traffic.  I really don't have a roll in "settlements" so sometimes its better to stay home.  In honor of that, AD received a much needed bath.  She was not trilled but mission accomplished.

 
 
Another bizarre thing happened; we went to have Chinese food with our friends on Friday night; that was cool.  When we got home, my laptop was displaying everything upside down.  We assumed it was a virus and spent mucho time with it Saturday AM only to discover that her highness had danced on the keyboard while we were gone and changed EVERYTHING AROUND!

She changed the background; everything was upside down and reversed.  I suggested that we hire Trent to come over; seems he's dyslexic!  Fortunately, Google answered our questions and the laptop is now back to normal!

This here is a picture of our latest acquisition for the unit ... it's a Dogwood Tree.  Beautimus if I do say so myself!  Mandy and I both got one from Costco; I wonder if my Thornton Costco has these?  If they do, don't tell me cuz no doubt it's cheaper in the good ole USA (13% tax is ridiculous here but they have to pay for free health care somehow, eh?).

 
More to come ... need to grill some pork for dinner.  Adios ya'll.

Peace & Love & Pray for Storms!

No comments:

Post a Comment