Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Yawn .... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ....

What?  Was I snoring again?  I'm so embarrassed ... oh well, you'll just have to get past it ya'll!

What a long, boring drive it was today.  We were in a "Severe Winter Weather Watch" this morning; Amarillo was on accident alert (black ice) and we were dreading the treacherous drive.  Fortunately, we left NM early so we were ahead of the storm and only had light snow/mist/wind stuff.  Yay for us!

Adjuster Dog is probably dehydrated because her only POP (points of potty) were Clayton, NM ... Amarillo, TX and the final resting place for the day (drum roll please) ... Sweetwater, TX.  If you were following the blog last month you may remember that we day-tripped to Sweetwater for the Annual Rattlesnake Roundup.  No such festivities this time (whew) so we're parked in their City Park with electric & water.  It's ridiculously cold here because of this storm, but tomorrow promises to be a much warmer all day!

Oh ... this is a really cool picture of Easter flowers from my Sister-In-Law +MaryEllen Davey.  They were so beautiful on Easter Sunday and now they're on the road with us.  Thank you +MaryEllen for brightening our home!



Did I mention what a long, boring drive it was today.  Therefore, I taught Adjuster Dog how to "high-five".  We were bouncing down the road (literally) and "someone" kept pulling Sadie's tail so she would wake up.  If you can, turn up your speakers so you can hear Outlaw Country in the background.  I can never tell if the videos upload correctly ... hope this works!



After our long drive we decided to treat ourselves to a local favorite, "Allen's Family Style Meals".  Every review we read on the world wide web touted their chicken so we meandered over to place a "to go" order.  It was difficult, (I'm not sure we were all speaking the same language) but the chicken was puuurrrrrfect!  Need to sign out so we can sample today's special of "Peach Cobbler".

With that said ... peace & love & pray for storms!

2 comments:

  1. Hey P & A. I loved reading your blog today - I read from the first through to the last. Anne - with your sense of humor, you should consider writing professionally. What a hoot. We miss you guys and wish you well - in your parlance I guess that means damaging winds and extensive flooding that only harms property - not people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John Boy ... thanks for following along! Let's get together real soon to discuss this writing professionally thingy. Miss you guys too!

    ReplyDelete