Monday, April 8, 2013

The Miller

So, on Saturday we landed safely in the Cedar Hill State Park (just 20 minutes from downtown Dallas).  Because the conference was scheduled to begin on Sunday morning we headed to Duncanville for Saturday evening Mass.  We attended a Sunday morning Mass at the same church in February but this experience was completely different:

FEBRUARY AM MASS                             SATURDAY PM MASS
Packed                                                 Empty
Culturally diverse                                   Bunch of white folks
Warm & welcoming                                Cold & rushed

Sunday we headed downtown and met with mucky mucks in charge of hiring adjusters.  Of course they were very encouraging (it's their job) and we are excited to work for this company.  When?  I don't know ... it's frustrating and we hate waiting!

When we got back to the park we moved to a different campsite; it happens to be next to the site where we stayed two weeks in February.  As before, we're backed up to the lake but the wind is CRAZY BIG today and expected to be stupid windy on Tuesday.  Then huge, possibly damaging hail storms on Wednesday.  You folks in Denver are bracing for a big snow storm so I guess I won't complain (until the unit gets damaged, then I'll complain).

Dean & Kranny (adjuster friends) drove over for dinner on Sunday; it was great to catch up and compare notes.  This morning Phil headed downtown for the conference and I'm in charge of, well, everything else.  Adjuster Dog found a miller to play with; I tried to edit the video but couldn't find the tool.  It's kind of long, sorry.


 
 
 
Welp, need to take Adjuster Dog for a walk (if she'll go without you know who). 
 
Until later, peace & love & pray for storms!
 
 



 

2 comments:

  1. Hi from Pam. did she ever eat it??? I am in the same state as you but in Houston. Was gloating to myself about missing the snow but could end up with much worse here as well--that'll teach me. Pray that the tornados avoid Katy, TX. No basements here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope ... she just played with it ... I tossed it eventually. My sister-in-law lives in Katy ... so you've got the prayers for sure. I think your area is gonna be OK and we're going to have some mild discomfort! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete