Friday, April 5, 2013

San Antonio

Happy Birthday to me (yesterday)!  Twas a wonderful, beautiful, productive day and thank you all for the birthday happy greetings!

This is the famous Cactus Viper Margarita from the Zuni Grill on the RiverWalk.  I'm pretty sure that I had it three years ago, but it wasn't my birthday then so it didn't really count.  Some of you may remember that when we were last in San Antonio it happened to be the one week in the year that the RiverWalk is drained for cleaning.  It was yucky, stinky and the trenching equipment was loud; we always try to be in the right place at the right time.

This year it was full of yucky brown water and the sidewalk was full of hot, young, newly graduated Air Force dudes.  Well, some of them were young, some were hot, but all were cool to look at!  Their families were so proud of the graduates.

 


This is a picture of the Easter tulips from Mary Ellen (they're still beautiful), the fruit all the way from Thornton, CO and my almond cappuccino in the mug from Trump Plaza in Atlantic City.  Technically we're not "allowed" to have glass-ware in the unit but I got sick and tired of drinking coffee out of plastic mugs so we made an exception.  And it's not really cappuccino, I just pretend it is cuz it makes me feel special. 




Philoberto is off to USAA Certification today.  We hear that USAA is a great company to work with so pray that the exam goes well!  We did have one hiccup this morning; somehow the bedroom clock set itself back one hour so he got off to a late start.  Apparently the training company provided Phil with an incorrect address so he was technically late, but we'll blame it on them and not the mysterious clock time-change incident.

As for Adjuster Dog ... I am the proud pet parent of a doggy that won't go for walks if her daddy isn't along.  Last month I thought it was because she was scared, now I know it's all about him.  She begs and begs to go then when she realizes he's not along, she puts on the brakes (it's actually kind of cute if you can visualize a 9.4 lb. dachshund stopping me from moving).  She is weird, just weird.  I'll try to snap a photo of the event next time.

I should probably make some things happen here so for now, Peace and Love and Pray for Storms ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. Those are the best margaritas ever! And, yes, the Riverwalk does not have the nicest water in it. The whole area is rather 'Stanky' water in or water out. Imagine it on a weekend night with amateur drinkers and having to watch where you step! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amateur weekend night would be overwhelming! I felt squeezed as it was. Kinda glad I can't smell the "stanky" water though! Travel safely!

    ReplyDelete