Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 3

Adjuster Dog is a bad, bad girl!  Upon our arrival at Cedar Hill State Park she bolted and hid in nasty scrub oak.  I had to chase her in and out of the mess and wound up with stupid seedlings stuck to my pants.  Bad girl!  She'd better watch it or I'll consider tying her up to the picnic table as bear bait.

There, I said it.  Today's trip was very short and uneventful, therefore we did not stop at the largest tiger colony in the US; can't even remember where that was.  The campground is beautiful and after the long weekend is over we'll probably move to a site right on the water.  Currently the best sites are occupied by amateur weekenders ... that sounds kind of judgmental, doesn't it? 

We've located the nearest Catholic church which happens to be 4 miles away, yay.  Tomorrow we'll drive into Downtown Dallas to scope out the commute for the next week of training.  The days are scheduled to be pretty intense but I suspect they'll take numerous breaks for the adjuster smokers (seems to be plentiful in this industry;  that and beer bellies).

Phil still receives e-mails and phone calls from claimants in NJ.  It's pretty much a nuisance since we can't do anything to help them.  We made the rookie mistake of using our "real" phone numbers during that storm and will try a different approach during the next storm.  Speaking of storms, the lakes and rivers are seriously low in this area so I don't think we'll see any flooding while we're here; good news/bad news story.

We're off to explore the campground; need to scope out our next campsite.  It's supposed to be 70 degrees here on Monday ... nothing but good.

Peace and Love to ya'll (they say ya'll a lot here)!



No comments:

Post a Comment